This article explains how to resolve the following error message which may appear after opening Lacerte or receiving acknowledgments:
"Unable to apply acknowledgements for client originally sent from the current data path. Client # is missing. Restore the client through Client Maintenance."
- You tried to receive acknowledgements for a client that isn't in your chosen data path.
- You renumbered the client after transmitting the electronic return.
- The client number contains a special character, such as an ampersand, pound, percentage, etc... (ie "&, #, %" symbols).
To resolve this issue, create a new client with the same information as the client originally electronically transmitted. The acknowledgements must be received from the Intuit Electronic Filing Servers.
To create a new client:
- From the Client menu, select Add.
- Enter the same client number as the deleted client in the Enter client number to add field.
- The client number should be provided in the original error message.
The client file can be deleted again once the client has an e-file status of either Accepted or Rejected. The error will no longer appear for the deleted client.