If your Lacerte program seems like it's making you enter items one by one where you normally enter them in a list view, such as depreciation, the input grid is likely collapsed. This can happen if you close the grid, or if you manually re-size the window by dragging the borders with your mouse.
Follow these steps to show the grid:
- Open the screen in Lacerte where you noticed the issue.
- Click on the Horizontal Show/Hide Grid icon at the top of your program until the missing section comes into your view.
If the grid is still hidden, delete the configuration file:
- Close your Lacerte program.
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Type in %appdata% in the search field, then press Enter.
- Open the Lacerte folder in the new window that appears.
- Locate the file that has .ini at the end of the name.
- For example, the configuration file for 2020 Lacerte is named W20tax.ini.
- Delete the .ini file.
- Relaunch Lacerte.