To open the Weighted Average Ownership Percentage Worksheet follow these instructions:
- Click on Forms on the top menu bar.
- Chose Select Form to access the Open Forms dialog box.
- Type OW on your keyboard and then Click Ok.
To use the Weighted Average Ownership Percentage Worksheet follow these instructions:
- On the "Dates of Changes in Ownership Smart Worksheet" at the top of the Weighted Average Ownership Percentage Worksheet enter in the date in which the actual change in ownership took place on the 1st line. If multiple changes took place throughout the year, enter the next date in which a change in ownership percentage took place on the 2nd line and continue through to the 12th line for each additional change in ownership percentage that took place throughout the year.
- The number of shares for the first period flows automatically from the Schedule K-1 Worksheet for each shareholder. For each period after the first, the number of shares can be changed to represent the change in ownership.
- Click on the Number of Shares Held column and enter the number of shares held after each change in ownership percentage took place. This will allow the program to calculate the Weighted Average Ownership % column.
- Press the Page Down key to move the Dynamically Lengthening Table (DLT) down to the next shareholder and enter in the amount of shares that this shareholder held after each change in ownership percentage.
- Repeat step 3 until all shareholders whose ownership percentage has changed throughout the year have been correct to show their end of year weighted average ownership percentage in the Weighted Average Ownership % column.
Check the box at the bottom of the worksheet to Carry ownership percentages to Schedule K-1 Worksheet