This article will assist you with entering information related to Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit, in Lacerte.
Input fields for this credit are located on the following screens:
|Corporate||Screen 28.1, General Business Credits|
|Partnership||Screen 20.2, Other Credits|
|S-Corporate||Screen 26.2, Credits (Schedule K)|
How do I enter information for Form 8911 for an individual return?
Follow these steps to enter information for Form 8911 in the Individual module:
- Go to Screen 34, General Business & Vehicle Credits.
- Select Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit from the lower-left Sections list.
- Enter the amounts in any of the applicable fields:
- Total cost of qualified property
- Business/investment use part (included above)
- Section 179 deduction
- Maximum credit (if not $30,000) [O]
- Maximum personal use part of credit (if not $1,000) [O]
The allowed business credit flows to Form 3800, page 3, line 1s. The allowed personal credit flows to Schedule 3, line 6 (Form 1040).
If you have no personal credit, this form won't generate. The credit from passthrough entities prints directly on Form 3800, line 1s.