As part of our continuing commitment to work with the IRS, states, and industry to combat tax fraud, Intuit requires all tax professional customers to have IRS documentation of their E-File Identification Number (EFIN) registration on file before you can e-file through Intuit's professional tax products.
This article will help you:
- Understand if you need to register your EFIN before e-filing returns
- Learn how to register your EFIN with ProConnect Tax
Follow these steps to register your EFIN with ProConnect Tax:
- Sign in to ProConnect Tax.
- Click Settings at the bottom left of your screen.
- Press EFIN Registration/Update.
- Scroll down to the Select a reason below to begin registration or to update firm information field and select the reason that applies to your firm.
- Gather the documents and information you'll need to continue. When you're ready, check the box at the bottom of your screen labeled I have all the required documents and information to proceed, and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your information. All fields are required, unless they're marked as Optional. You can find your EFIN and EFIN Application Tracking Number on the EFIN Application Summary you received from the IRS e-Services website.
- Select the Document Type you're going to upload, then click Browse to choose the file from your computer.
- Select the file to be uploaded. The document Intuit requires for EFIN registration is the Application Summary from the IRS e-Services website, or if you received your EFIN less than 12 months ago, you can upload your IRS letter. Please do not submit any other documents on this form.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions shown at the bottom of the form.
- Click the Submit button. The button will be grayed out if any required field is left blank.
If you don't know how to find your EFIN Application Summary, see here for instructions on accessing the Application Summary on the IRS e-Services website.