Link makes collecting your clients' data simple. We're always working on new features and functionalities to make data collection fast, easy, and organized.
This article is updated on an ongoing basis when new features are introduced.
Simplifying taxpayer login
- Taxpayers can now log into their Link client portal using either a phone number, email, or username. Logging in with a phone number removes the need to remember a password.
- If there are multiple accounts associated with either the phone number, email, or username, the taxpayer now has the ability to choose which account to log into, resolving many historical login issues.
Bulk upload for taxpayers
- No longer does the taxpayer have to go through the document checklist one item at a time to upload. Now they may upload in bulk. The system will categorize the uploads based on their document type and the remaining items on the checklist, leaving any additional documents to be bucketed by the preparer.
- In Link settings, streamline your workflow with reusable templates for engagement letters, questions, and document checklists that you send often. You can start a template from scratch, or copy a pre-made Quickstart template and customize it
Collaborate with business clients
- Now you can use Link to gather tax information for all of your clients, not just individuals.
Shared email address support
- Collaborate with clients who share the same email address, like a child and parent who file separate returns.