Link makes client data collection simple. By sharing this secure online portal with your clients, the data collection process is faster and more organized. Click here to learn more about Intuit Link.
Once your taxpayer has accepted your invitation and uploaded documents via the client portal, you can import certain documents directly into their return.
Follow these steps to import documents:
- Log into ProConnect Tax and select Intuit Link from the left navigation panel.
- Here you can see the progress of the document progress of the client.
- Click the down arrow at the far right and select Open Tax Return. You will see the client view.
- Select the return for the current tax year.
- Once in the return, click the Link panel on the far right.
- The Link drawer will open to the document section of the client's organizer. You will be able to see other organizer items as well.
- The documents that are importable will have an Import next to the document name.
- If the document type is incorrect, select the down arrow to change it.
- If the document shows a refresh wheel to the right of the document type, the document type is still processing.
- If the document displays a "!" , we could not read it. View the document by clicking on its name, and verify that the document type is set correctly and the image is readable.
- A document viewer will appear where you can review the document and select a schedule to import the source document to. Click Continue to review the fields being imported.
- If you have already input information for this document type in the return, you'll be asked whether you want to import over the existing input, or create a new record.
- Click Save at the bottom right after reviewing the fields.
- After the document has been imported, you will be brought back to the Client Information screen. The document will reflect at the top of the documents list and a green check will appear next to the document in the Link drawer.