Once your taxpayer has accepted your Intuit Link invitation and uploaded documents via the client portal (or you've uploaded documents using the Act as taxpayer feature), you can import many documents directly into their return. For information about other types of data import that don't use Intuit Link, click here.
Improved data import
New for tax year 2020, we've simplified the process for uploading and importing documents. Now you can view all importable documents in one place, and get a reminder when you navigate to an input screen that has an associated document.
How it works
- Your client uploads documents
- Intuit Link automatically identifies the document type and whether it can be imported
- When you're working in Input Return, you can view and import documents by clicking the lightning bolt on the right-hand side of your screen.
This lightning bolt icon will open the new Data import drawer, where you can import, download, delete, or ignore any importable documents - or click on the document's name to view it in a new tab.
When you navigate to an input that has documents available, the lightning bolt icon will bounce to draw your attention. For example, if your client uploaded a 1098-T, the icon will bounce when you open the Education/Tuition Credits (1098-T, 8863, 8917) screen.
To import documents:
- Open your client's return to the Input Return tab.
- Click the lightning bolt icon on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Locate the document, and click Import.
- A document viewer will appear where you can review the source document and the information that will be imported.
- If you've already input information for this document type in the return, you'll be asked whether you want to import over the existing input or create a new record.
- Once you're satisfied, click Import.
Input fields completed by data import will be highlighted in green so you can easily identify them.
A lightning bolt will appear next to the document wherever it's listed on the document checklist and data import drawer indicating that import is complete.
Documents that don't appear in the Data import drawer
Uploaded documents that can't be imported can still be found in the Tax organizer drawer by clicking the clipboard icon on the right-hand side of your screen, and selecting the Document Checklist.
- Documents that are importable will say Import next to the document name here.
- If the document type is incorrect, select the down arrow to change it.
- If the document shows a refresh wheel beside the document type, the document type is still processing.
- If the document displays a "!" , we couldn't read it. View the document by clicking on its name, and verify that the type is set correctly and the image is readable.
Click on an item below to view a list of documents that are unsupported or supported for import at this time.