Error message: Printer not activated, Error Code -30
Important!: The error message and recommended solution information provided in this article is intended only for 2012 and earlier versions of the ProSeries Products. The information provided in this article will not resolve errors in later years.
Please select one of the topics below for information on Printer Not Activated Error Code -30
"Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30" Printing to PDF in ProSeries 2009 only in Windows XP
- Click on Start then Run.
- Type control printers then hit Enter.
- Within Printers and Faxes, click on File menu and select Server Properties.
- Select the tab labeled Drivers.
- Highlight the Amyuni Document Converter 400 and click on Remove.
- Navigate to the C:Prowin0932bit folder
- Run the file PSInstall.exe which should reinstall the PDF printer and driver for ProSeries 2009.
- Click on Start then Run.
- Ttype services.msc and hit Enter.
- Select Services (Local) in the left hand column.
- Double-click on Print Spooler from the list in the right window column.
- Towards the bottom of the small window that popped up, click on the Stop button.
- As soon as the spooler has completed stopping, click on the Start button.
- Click on OK to close the smaller window.
- Click on the X in the upper right corner to close the Services window.
- Continue with Step 5 in the instructions above.
"Printer Not Activated: Error Code -30" Attempting to Print in Fixed Asset Manager
This can happen if the printer is set to one that is not support, like the ProSeries PDF Printer.
- Within FAM, go to File -> Print Setup
- In the Printer Name field, select an appropriate paper printer from the drop-down list
- Press OK
Note: FAM does not support PDF printing. If you wish to create a PDF of a report, must select a 3rd party PDF printer such as Adobe, BullZip, etc. or the DMS PDF Printer (which will send a PDF into the DMS database).
"Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30" Printing from ProSeries Basic to ProSeries PDF Printer
The ProSeries PDF Printers are installed by the ProSeries Professional Tax program and are designed to be used with that specific year of the program only. They will not work with any other program, including ProSeries Basic. PDF printing is not a supported feature in ProSeries Basic. Therefore, if a PDF is desired, the printer selected must be a 3rd party PDF printer (Adobe, BullZip, PDF995) or DMS.
- Open a client within ProSeries Basic.
- Click on the Print icon on the left-hand column (Forms Bar).
- Click the Print Setup Options tab.
- Select the appropriate Printer from the drop-down list.
"Printer Not Activated, Error code -30" printing to PDF in 2009 ProSeries using Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10
- Close ProSeries
- Click on the Windows button , then open "Control Panel"
- Locate and open "Devices and Printers"
- Locate the "ProSeries TY09 PDF Printer"
- Right-click on the "ProSeries TY09 PDF Printer" and select "Remove Device"
- Close the "Devices and Printers" window
- Click on the Windows button
- Locate and open "Computer"
- Open the C: drive (the local drive where ProSeries is installed)
- Open the "ProWin09" folder
- Open the "32bit" folder
- Locate and open "PSInstall.exe"
- Wait for about 10 seconds, then close the 32bit folder
- Open 2009 ProSeries and print to PDF
"Printer Not Activated. Error Code -30" Attempting to Print in ProSeries 2008
Note: This solution only applies if you are not attempting to create a PDF file.
- Close ProSeries.
- Go to the Windows Start button.
- In the open field type control printers then hit Enter.
- In the Printers window, set appropriate printer as the default by right-clicking on it.
- Open ProSeries and go to File -> Print Options.
- Select Printer, PDF, and DMS Setup.
- Change the Tax Forms Printer and Client Letters/Invoice/Client Checklist Printer to the printer selected as the Windows default.
- Print the return.
"Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30" Printing to PDF from ProSeries 2009 & 2010
This error can be the result of another PDF printer using an updated version of the same driver (Amyuni) that the ProSeries TY09/10 PDF Printer uses.
- Close the ProSeries program.
- Download the PDF Repair Utility
- Click Save and save the file to your Desktop.
- right-click on the ProSeriesPDF-Tool.exe file and choose Run as administrator
- Click Yes to the Terms and Conditions.
- When the process is complete, click OK.
- Open the ProSeries program and create the PDF again.
"Printer Not Activated -30" Attempting to Print or Email Client Checklist in ProSeries 2012
If 2012 ProSeries was installed after Quickbooks 2013, ProSeries may not exhibit symptoms of this issue while Quickbooks 2013 may generate the same error when attempting to print to PDF.
The error impacting the ProSeries Client Checklist results due a conflict between the Amyuni Document Converter 400 print driver that is utilized by 2012 ProSeries, and the same Amyuni Document Converter 400 that is utilized by QuickBooks 2013. Other software products that utilize the Amyuni Document Converter 400, may also contribute to this issue. Our ProSeries and QuickBooks teams are currently researching this situation to identify a viable solution. This article will be updated as additional information and updates become available.
Currently, a workaround is available to resolve the issue impacting your ability to email 2012 ProSeries Client Checklists. However, it is important to understand that this workaround can impact your ability to utilize PDF features within QuickBooks 2013 software. Due to this complication, please only proceed with the workaround below if you feel the importance of producing the ProSeries Client Checklist exceeds the need to utilize the PDF features within QuickBooks 2013, We anticipate a improved solution for this issue will be available during the month of January 2013.
Close your 2012 ProSeries software.
Go to the windows Start menu and then Printers and Faxes (Devices and Printers).
Find the ProSeries TY12 PDF Printer and delete it.
- Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:ProWin1232bit folder.
- Run the file PSinstall.exe.
- Now open the C:ProWin1232bitPDFDrvr folder and run Install.exe.
- Go back to the Printers list and right-click Amyuni Document Converter.
- Choose Printer Properties and rename Amyuni Document Converter to ProSeries TY12 PDF Printer.
- Open ProSeries software and try the Client Checklists again.
For information on resolving issues impacting your ability to print to PDF in QuickBooks, please click here.
Another possible solution is run the PDF Repair Util.
When printing to PDF receiving error -30 and 10250 (2006 - 2012)
- Open the Control Panel and go to Printers and right-click on the ProSeries TY09 PDF 4.0 and choose Printing preferences.
- If the PDF printer shows "Licensed To (N/A)" click on the button with 3 dots and enter under License to "Intuit Inc." without quotation marks.
- In Activation code paste the code listed below:
- Select OK and Then OK again to close.
- Open ProSeries and print to PDF.
Note: for ProSeries 2012, this only applies if the error occurs when attempting to print the Client Presentation to PDF.
Note: This error code is also known to occur very large tax returns. There is no specific size limit as available resources on the computer and with the physical printer memory can impact this error message. The workaround is to print selected forms to PDF when attempting to print large tax returns to PDF.
If this issue keeps occurring it may be caused by a conflict with other applications or PDF Printer drivers. A workaround for this maybe to use a third-party PDF printer. See Prior Year ProSeries Products Do Not Print to PDF in 64-Bit versions of Windows for more details about using a third-party PDF printer.