Allowing ProSeries files access though the firewall allows ProSeries to connect to the internet and eliminates errors that may prevent the program from successfully completing certain tasks such as downloading program updates, electronic file transmission of tax returns, and licensing your software. ProSeries may produce error messages if these files are not properly allowed access to the internet through the firewall.Your firewall software has instructions on how to allow files through the firewall software. In this article YY corresponds to the two-digit tax year.
Allow these ProSeries files through your firewall:
The ProSeries files are located in the following locations:
- ProSeries Professional: C:ProWinYY32bit
- ProSeries Basic Edition: C:BasWinYY32bit
Ensure Internet Explorer is set to allow communication:
- Open Internet Explorer, even when this is not the default web browser.
- Select the Tools menu, then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, then Trusted Sites.
- Click the Sites button.
- Verify that check box at the bottom, Require server verification for all sites in this zone, is unchecked.
- In the Add this website to the zone: field, enter the following items and then click Add to create additional entries.
- Click Close, then click OK.