This article will walk you through generating an amount paid with an extension on Form 1040, Schedule 3, line 14 (or Form 1040, line 70, in tax year 2017 and prior).
Follow these steps to enter an amount paid with the extension:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Payments, Penalties & Extensions.
- Click on 2019 Estimated Payments.
- Scroll down to the Paid with Extension (not later than 4/15/20) section.
- Enter the amount in Amount paid. (Note: amounts entered in the Amount paid (memo) field will not flow to the tax return.)
- E-file extensions in ProConnect Tax
- Setup Electronic Payment of Amount Due with ProConnect Tax Online E-file Return/Extension/Estimate
- Entering estimated tax payments in ProConnect Tax
- Additional Estimated Tax Payments