kobban
Level 1

Hi,

I need help getting my auto-generated 941 (QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll) to correctly reconcile the payments, taking into account a reduced payment from June based on a credit for sick time under the Family First Coronavirus Response Act.

I'm guessing that something isn't set up quite right in the tax liability -- I attempted to follow the instructions at this link to set up the accounts, but hit a couple of places where the instructions didn't match my screens / the experience in my version of QuickBooks, so I took my best guess. 

When I paid my liabilities, I followed the instruction here (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/customize-reports/how-to-claim-my-tax-credits-unde...) which are essentially to do a manual liability credit.

But when I run the 941 report, it doesn't recognize the manual liability credit, instead it shows that I paid the full amount due, and that I am have overpaid my payroll taxes. I believe that I have paid the correct payroll taxes (in other words, I don't have any questions about the taxes I owe), but that for some reason, it's not being properly tracked. 

Can anybody help me figure out how to reconcile this so the 941 pulls the accurate data?

I use Quickbooks desktop Premier Contractor Edition 2018.

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers