dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@Curlydvm   I am facing the same dilemma- my mom just passed away a month ago and I just filed her 2019 taxes 2 weeks ago along with a refund form. Her stimulus check was just deposited into a bank account that also has my name on it. The government had initially deposited her last due SS payment and then retracted it, leaving me to file a refund form for beneficiaries. Will see what happens with the stimulus? 

You should be ok.  The Stimulus Check is a 2020 Stimulus check.  Since your mom passed away in 2020, there should be no issue.  What some people are failing to recognize is that it is a 2020 event.  There will be like 3 new lines on the 2020 return.... 1) amount of stimulus payment you were due 2) amount you got, and 3) amount to be credited to your 2020 return (1 minus 2). if you got the correct amount, no issue...if you got more...best I can tell..also no issue..but if you didn't get what you should have...it is added to your 'tax payments made".... and you get credit for it. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.