DLP
Level 2

I've looked a little in the forums and didn't see this question asked previously (sorry if I overlooked it). I think there would be some users familiar enough with both programs to give some feed back on this question.

I've been a Lacerte user for the past few years since I started taking over a practice where the old practitioner was retiring and he used Lacerte.  I also used Lacerte previously at another office so I had some experience with it.  Also had a few years with Ultra Tax with previous firm.  I'm considering making a change to Proseries.  I don't do particularly difficult returns but do have quite a bit of volume.  I've downloaded a trial Proseries and have been poking around it.  It seems like quite a bit more "mousing" than with Lacerte.  I'm pretty efficient with Lacerte and I like staying on the keyboard to jump to inputs.  Is it possible to do returns as quickly/ efficiently with Proseries once you are past the learning curve?  I've used other software and I know the learning curve is painful but I'm wondering if once you get past that if you can get through a return as quickly with Proseries as Lacerte?   I realize this is a subjective question - just looking for some input on other's experiences with efficiency between the 2 programs.

Of course this change would be motivated by cost - particularly the REP fees for out of state returns/ business returns.  Thanks  

0 Cheers