Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day Bob,

All of my insurance agent clients attended a seminar this summer.  A CPA was a presenter and explained the S-corp stuff to them.  One of my clients called me at break and I told him at the next session, stand up and ask the question of the guy's workaround to the Fleischer case, and when he says the S-corp, tell him that the case specifically addresses insurance agents doing what he said he does so how does he do it.  The guy said he wasn't familiar with the case and that he had been doing it this way for years without an issue. 

But that case is already 6 years old and I never believe that I am the smartest guy in the room.  Which is why I posted here.  Maybe someone knows something that I don't.  Maybe there is a work around.  Maybe there's a new case, rev proc or PLR.  I am willing to accept that I am wrong to stand on Fleischer.  And if I am, I'm hoping someone here can show me that I'm wrong. 

So it isn't about fees.  Its about wanting to know that I am doing my best for the fees clients are happy to pay.