qbteachmt
Level 15

"Not sure how this will be depreciated, it is definitely an asset, but how to depreciate is the question."

There is no given requirement that something depreciates. Try investing in Art, for instance. That doesn't depreciate on taxes or appreciate on taxes. You will have gain or loss when it sells.

I looked it up, too. Whew. Even the server community seems to consider it is a Ponzi scheme.

"The contracts are life time, I own it. Whether I want to continue with this business or not, it's there recorded on the block chain that I own this contracts, can't resell it."

How can you have Active Income from something you can never get rid of and once bought in, need do nothing to get it? They market it as Passive, but you declare it Active, but there is no business being covered. Crowd-Funding is more like a lending operation. So, which is it: business commission or funding activity?

And how are you a Partner? You bought into a program, not into the entity as Partner, right?

What do you get at year end, along with the statement? Do you get a US tax form, such as 1099 or K-1?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.