Level 12
Level 12
This widget could not be displayed.

If you put it on l040 as other income it will be taxed as ordinary income which it is not. 

If the recipient is a resident of the United States, the benefits:

  • are taxable only in the United States,
  • are treated as U.S. social security benefits for U.S. tax purposes, and
  • are reported on Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (or Form 1040A) on the line on which U.S. social security benefits would be reported.

We have a treaty with Canada and pensions are given special tax treatment, and not treated as ordinary income.  

























0 Cheers