michael6
Level 2

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

In each of the input section for address, there is a box for Foreign address you can check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
michael6
Level 2

I see a foreign address checkbox next to many address entry areas, EXCEPT for the Client Information area. 

Proconnect Support searched for about 45 minutes and we still are not able to enter a foreign address and have it show up on the front of form 1041 AND have it eligiable for efiling.... 

This is for a California Decedents Estate, so it is a US Trust, but the Trustee happens to reside in Canada and there is not a California mailing address.

If there is a box, please tell me exactly where it is, I will feel like a fool for missing it, but will be very grateful someone found it! 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@michael6It is NOT a software issue.  This is a matter of law.  If the foreign trustee is the only trustee, the trust would fail the control test under §7701 and be classified as a foreign trust, which then triggers a host of unintended tax consequences as well as onerous reporting requirements that would not otherwise apply to domestic trusts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
michael6
Level 2

Ok. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @michael6.  They should consider getting this fixed if they can.

[Edit: ...unless the trustee is actually a US person who just happens to be residing in Canada.]

Still an AllStar
colleenr88
Level 1

I have a US person residing in Canada and the foreign address proforma'd until this year. How can I put her Canadian address in the client information screen?

Thank you!

0 Cheers