jonathanngcpa
Level 2

Thank God I wasn't alone. I spent 2 hours chatting/talking with the support people from ITO and they claim this is NOT a bug and it is NOT a known issue therefore they won't do anything for now. Thankfully I filed extension so I am not going to do anything for now. I hope a lot more people like you and me report this to them so that the development team will fix this. I also have proseries so I am going to retype the whole tax return to see whether things are the same or changes. If it changes that means the ITO development team screwed this up big time.

Just FYI, the rep on the phone told me the number on Schedule C line 1 of CBT-100S flows from Schedule K part II line 8, not from the Federal 1120S Schedule M-1. I told them this is wrong because the form on CBT-100 indicates it should roll from federal schedule M-1 line 1 or the pro forma. But they kept saying this is not a bug nor a known issue. I told them I told you now it is a known issue now. I was so upset I hope Intuit support team see this and act on this immediately.

0 Cheers