rosemarie
Level 2

The Roth IRA distribution #1 shows as a recharacterization from Roth IRA to Traditional.  So if they later converted the Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA since they didn't really want traditional, should the software show that they are eligible for a $6500 max Roth IRA contribution?  Instead, the software shows that they made traditional IRA contributions so they have reached the maximum contribution.   What I'm trying to figure out is how to code the Adjustments to Income IRA worksheet on Proconnect to show the multiple recharacterization and then conversion.  I'm trying to figure out how to enter it so that it doesn't show that the maximum has been contributed, since the maximum was eventually converted to a Roth again..  I am confused because the form asks for contributions and recharacterization numbers, and I think I need help in working it so that they are eligible for Roth IRA.  Instead the letter to client shows that they are contributing to a traditional IRA.  This is more of a mechanical forms issue for the software.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

0 Cheers