itonewbie
Level 15

@RMP  wrote:

1099-R information entered is not flowing into my client's Ohio IT WH Schedule of Ohio Withholding.  It appears in the IT1040 totals for tax liability.

The SIT will flow to IT WH so long as you code the amount to OH under the "State and Local" section for (14) State tax withholding.  You may like to check your entries again.

This is creating a diagnostic error preventing me from efiling the return.  I have checked everything 20 times and all the state information is entered properly in the 1099-R section. Error reads: 1099-R #1 : For electronic filing purposes, when there is an Ohio State Abbreviation entered,the following fields must be present: Ohio withholding,State ID, and state distribution amount.

You need to make your entries exactly as the diagnostic instructs you to do.  Once you input the following under the "Electronic Filing" section, refresh the diagnostic and you will find it cleared:

(15) ST: Enter OH

(15) State Identification Number: Enter exactly that

(16) State Distribution [Override]: There is no need to make any input so long as you have coded (1) Gross distribution to OH and you have no reason to override that amount.

Have check that it's working fine.  If you still have problems, please come back with more details.  Provided this solves your problem, please mark this a solution to help others who may have similar questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar