CryptoRoz
Level 2

EDIT: Tech support advised I post this for developers to see.

I have a 2021 MFJ client whose husband passed away in 2021. Again, they're married filing jointly and filing as such for 2021.

The client is filing fed and Colorado individual income tax returns with refunds due on both.

ProConnect has a severe glitch and problem that has been mentioned here on these boards very specifically before and continues to happen.

The surviving spouse is filing the returns as such, and therefore we do NOT need to complete and file federal Form 1310 - Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer. It's simply not required by the IRS in this case.

Yet, when I check the returns, a critical diagnostic preventing e-filing altogether is returned:

"If Form DR 0104 checkbox for deceased is marked and the return is claiming a refund, Form DR 0102 must be submitted."  CO - Ref #49166

And, in order to force the above Colorado 0102 to generate, I have to activate and complete the NOT REQUIRED federal Form 1310.

And, even if I activate and complete the unnecessary federal Form 1310, a critical diagnostic still prevents me from e-filing both returns!

I contacted ProConnect and it couldn't help and advised me to post here.

I understand having to snail mail the Colorado 0102, yet ProConnect is forcing a 1310 that's not required and still won't allow any e-filing.

0 Cheers