qbteachmt
Level 15

You started this again, and I flagged it to be removed on that duplicate, since you are working on the same issue for the same people, apparently. You can put your updated info right here.

The question of how much to raise or what they need to do is relative; they should have good governance and resources, which is why I gave some links and ideas. Are you clicking the links to read the topics or doing any web searches (and especially IRS), such as:

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/exempt-organizations-annual-reporting-requirements-form-99...

"My organization is a public charity under sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Code, and it received 15 percent of its support from the general public. Because my organization received less than 33-1/3 percent of its support from the general public, how do I show the IRS on the Schedule A that it meets the facts and circumstances test?

If your organization receives more than 10 percent but less than 33-1/3 percent of its support from the general public or a governmental unit, it can qualify as a public charity if it can establish that, under all the facts and circumstances, it normally receives a substantial part of its support from governmental units or the general public. To establish this support, your organization should describe on Part VI of Schedule A the facts and circumstances which establish that the organization is in the nature of an organization that is publicly supported. Regulations section 1.170A-9(f)(3) discusses pertinent facts and circumstances."

You have to know the facts and circumstances. We cannot tell you how much they need to "raise" because they might not need to fundraise. They can have a purpose that qualifies them for a grant, for instance. Or, Their programs and purposes already qualify. We don't know if they need $500 for the year; or they need $5m for the year, so a one-third test is a bit hard for us to specify. That's what you would work on, with the resources.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.