itonewbie
Level 15

When it comes to inpatriates, taxes morphs into a whole different animal because many of the familiar rules no longer apply and discrepancies between how states and Fed determine tax residency add another dynamic to the complexity on top of the usual conformity considerations.  And that is why GoSystem Rs and ProSystem FX remain the software of choice for international tax firms.

If Lacerte/PTO won't get the basics of FEIE for multi-year sourcing and FTC for fiscal year countries right after so many years of complaints and we're talking about returns as produced being wrong, I'm not hopeful they can resolve something that involves much more convoluted tax logic.

For what it is, Lacerte/PTO can handle relatively complex returns decently despite the various flaws.  I've spent too much time trying to get things fixed and so did my friends who have been with Intuit for much muuuuuuuuuch loooooooooooonger.  Saying my serenity prayer and following what it says faithfully save my sanity and make my days more productive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar