qbteachmt
Level 15

"Show just one example of where the Roth account after taxes, is greater than the traditional IRA after taxes."

I'm certain you can do your own math. Afterall, there are plenty of comparison calculators on the web, and even Excel can be used for this. I doubt you need my help. And that's exactly the exercise you would do, if advising another person.

I already provided an example of why investing in a Roth from the beginning makes more dollars and sense than taking a tax deduction on the contribution, if you have enough years ahead of you. And of course, all of this makes some assumptions as to life expectancy, inflation, growth and earnings, and tax rates. Because that is how modeling works.

"However, in the real world, the $100K IRA would be converted to a $100K Roth IRA, and the converter would pay the $30K tax as part of the tax filing for the conversion year."

Exactly. Out of the proceeds of exercised stock options that get sold. That was one of the parts of the options offered to the original question of this topic.

"Certainly too old to know what someone’s tag line about “Level Up” means."

No one here is too old or too young to know what that tag line means, because I clearly defined it, in the use of it. I used the signature line to describe to Intuit what it means. Right here:

⬇️

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers