SP5
Level 1

The problem seems to be that, in ProSeries, one cannot set up a Sch D entry that has a negative number in column (h) (or zero as the "proceeds/sale price"). E.g., I have a K-1 that shows 100 of long-term capital gains on line 9a, and the supplemental info says 15 of those 100 are eligible for Sec 1202 exclusion. I believe the correct presentation is that line 12 of Schedule D shows 100 (the full amount of capital gains reported on line 9a of the K-1), and there is an entry on Form 8949/line 10 of Schedule D that shows zeroes in columns (d) and (e), "Q" in column (f), and -15 in columns (g) and (h).  I cannot find a way to accomplish that result.  The best I can do is back out the 15 and report only the net 85 in the K-1 screen (so that it populates 85 in line 12 of Schedule D), and then create an entry under "Dispositions" that shows proceeds of 15 in column (d), "Q" in column (f), -15 in column (g), and zero in column (h).  It is a "nothing" entry in that it nets to zero, but perhaps it gives a clue to the IRS as to why line 12 shows a net 85, rather than the 100 that appeared in the K-1.  Has anyone found a better way to address this issue within the constraints of the program?

0 Cheers