It is concerning to say the least that after many years, at least 12, using ProSeries and NEVER before this year was it an issue, that such a change not be screamed from rooftops.

So If I e-filed an extension (Form 4868) and it was accepted, and have also already actually e-filed the return, it also accepted, yet in my state so some reason suddenly the software requires I manually select to extend the state return on info sheet?  Since when?  Here's one if you go into a prior year and look at any return with an extension and go to to state info sheet, you can not even select or de-select the box, why?  This has been auto calculated on your behalf....  If that change was implemented for 2020 software , Ill accept that.....  I need to be showed how ProSeries informed me of that change....not in an update or an alert or an email or any of the webinars I took on product features....  That's awful and will not only cast thousands of dollars to state of Oregon but I will lose some of those clients.  Worst on any return on extension doesn't matter when it was filed box not checked.  Its beginning to look more like an opportunity to reconsider a new vendor because I can not talk to anyone with any useful comprehension of the situation.

This late in the season and with so many different issues this a filing season, (unemployment, increases to many credits, disaster areas throughout country, and NOW THIS.... I am not only person in my region and when asked others are scratching their heads saying oh no that's gonna be ugly..

I need to be ready for any legal proceeding this could lead to because I refuse to think I am liable for such a change not being pointed out or informed of....

ANrGY in Oregon looking like deadline aint gonna be celebration or victory laps but instead letters and correspondence and penalty paying... In total between the preparers in my office and 1 other remotely practicing its near 23k in penalties for returns filed 5-17 until now all of which had a filed and accepted 4868. Shoot me now or I m hiding under my desk for eternity.