rpackard064
Level 1

The programmers should have absolutely added a line for an opportunity to "opt-out" of the SE deferral (part of Section 2302 of the Cares Act)---I believe that Intuit made a huge mistake by "automatically" opting the client return into the SE deferral process---at the very least, this impactful change should have been reflected on the the "client letter" under the federal summary, indicating that "you have elected to defer all or a portion of your 2020 Social Securities taxes owed and you have until 12/31/2021 to make all relevant payments."----I am really upset by this decision---I just received a copy of an IRS letter that a client forwarded to me that indicated that she had elected to defer $3058 of social security taxes---she is self-employed and owes both the employer and the employee portion---this is not going to be a great upcoming conversation with a client who I gave the incorrect impression that all of her taxes had been paid---sure wish Intuit had communicated to look out for this "automatic" opt-in---NOT COOL!

0 Cheers