Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Anonymous wrote:

I also had already adjusted the unemployment for the $10,200 exemption.  Proseries changed the amount to $13,949, the entire amount of the unemployment the client received.  Then they added that $13,949 as a "other income" amount to the IDAHO tax return, so Idaho is after the client for more tax.   The Proseries telephone people were actually yelling at me that it's my fault because I didn't "lock the tax return" (??).  Are we really on our own here?

ID is a community property state, right?  IRS made some clarifications to UI exclusion in CP states, you may want to read up on

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/unemployment-exclusion-update-for-married-taxpayers-living-in-a-community-property-state

If this was a MFJ return, that exclusion of the entire amount is correct.  But depending on how ID deals with UI, you may have needed to make a manual adjustment for this on the state return, it took Intuit quite some time to roll out updated state programming for all the individual states and how they dealt with the UI exclusion. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪