qbteachmt
Level 15

What does this mean? "MY client s-corp with 16 employees used square to file original reports,"

What Report is this, and why does Square come into it? The ERC is a Payroll issue, requires a Payroll Form, not a report, and is filed with the Feds.

"and if some one instructs me to read instructions again I will pop my eyes out!"

Then start popping. Even you point out the changes mean you want to refer to current materials. That's what the IRS website provides. This is an income tax preparation forum for using ProSeries. If you are preparing a tax form, that form's instructions are your best reference for current instructions.

"and fact no one seems too have followed their own guidance and actually got these credits"

That's a pretty broad comment. You are posting in a topic that is 5 months old.

"what if you did not prepare the original report and you are enlisted to amend it?"

There is no Report. There are Forms with form numbers. 7200? 941? 941X?

This topic explains very specifically that the Credit is reducing the Wage Expense you are trying to claim on income taxes for the employer. You used that wage to claim the credit; it proves you qualify for the credit. Now you show this is what you did by not also trying to deduct that wage amount as an expense, because you already got credit for it.

I can't figure out if you need help with ProSeries, or with IRS instructions, or amending payroll. This is ProSeries forum for using ProSeries. Are you sure you are even in the right place on the internet?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.