qbteachmt
Level 15

I'm not sure who you are, either; but that should not matter.

Of course the topic from March discusses a March update. But this is July. There have been Tons of updates since March. This topic really is too old to apply now. That's one of my points.

"the computation for the taxable portion of Social Security should have been adjusted."

Did you read this topic in full? First, the original poster provided an edited update and stated "been resolved." And that's because TaxGuyBill explained the understanding was incorrect and the Program was fine. That's why it isn't clear how something that never was incorrect can "still be" incorrect.

And what I explained is that the UI was a known issue the IRS stated they would address. Meanwhile, you never stated what it was about your Program that made your Stepmom's return wrong and what it is the IRS corrected, nor if you overrode something or otherwise bypassed something that The IRS reference provided by TaxGuyBill shows the program hadn't been wrong back in March/April, anyway.

Don't you see how confusing you have made this? What we need is Details, not "my stepmom loved getting money back, but now I am worried about paying for software" that was not doing it wrong in March, anyway.

If you are not here as a peer user to have a discussion, you are not understanding this peer community forum. If you think you are complaining to Intuit tech support or customer support, that isn't the audience. Complaining to peer users isn't effective. Explaining to peer users would be helpful.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers