wrightlj
Level 3

EdgeCPA - I sympathize, and I'm very glad someone has finally acknowledged that this happened to them, too.  I knew I wasn't the only one - thank you.  Anyone who experiences it, even once, needs to report it and insist on a constructive response.  

Last year, and this year, it happened to me only in the beginning of my tax work - first few weeks - after over 30 years of reliable file saving. 

Last year, the solution seemed to come after I reinstalled the software.  This year, I didn't reinstall, but it resolved anyway.  Makes me think the solution lies somewhere in the updates we have to apply during the season.  Does an update coincidentally fix it, or do they know about it, find a solution, pack it with other updates, and just not admit it?

It's difficult, in addition to the extra work needed, because when trust is broken, it doesn't bounce back easily.  Intuit ProSeries/ProSeries Basic needs to spend some time working on it.    Depending on the data file affected, for the preparer, it can either be an inconvenience, or it can be a serious setback.  It could cause a late return, and it could cause a loss of trust in us by our clients.  

I don't know if anyone is watching this thread, but maybe you should create a separate post about it to ensure you get some attention.  

Good luck!

Laura

0 Cheers