jeffmcpa2010
Level 11
jeffmcpa2010_0-1618753759587.png

"Jeff, another question is why would a tax preparer want to schedule electronic payments? I cannot ever recall even one taxpayer asking me to schedule an electronic payment, including many taxpayers who are not proficient in English. Just my opinion"

PATAX - Agreed. I have never even discussed it with any clients. Heck when e-file started (many moons ago) I had clients who didn't even want direct deposit, as they didn't trust it.

And I certainly have never had a client ask for it.

It has even been several years (Certainly 5 possibly 10) since a client called me wondering when their refund might show up. (Stimulus payments - yes I have had those questions). All I ever did was point them to the information in the 9325 which I mail them after IRS acknowledges receipt.

I really don't understand why so many practitioner's seem to be using it. Basically when that return leaves my office I want it known that ANY thing else that needs done is the taxpayer's responsibility. I just think it adds a headache that I don't need and potential liability if something goes bad. (Even if the liability is not enforced financially, a hit to the client's trust level in you is a liability as well)

Jeff