qbteachmt
Level 15

@mrpooh 

"especially if their contributions are irrelevant to the topic."

It's the Program at the Top of this page that this community is using and why this community exists. If you are using ProSeries and have a question or issue, that's this community.

I can give you the link for TurboTax, again. It's in this topic. Intuit has sections there for the common discussion of tax, business and finance; additionally, for using their Disk/desktop program and for their online program.

That's not this place. This is not a General Discussion forum. It's for preparers that are using ProSeries. Again, look at the Top. There is the Web Address. It shows ProSeries Tax. That's a Program. A Specific Program in use.

Your Intuit ID that logs in here, will log into the TurboTax forum. I encourage you to Go There, Log In, and join that community.

You found this place as a web search results, which simply tells you Intuit has good search engine Optimization. It's like this:

You are a long haul trucker, on the interstate system, and you like to listen to Ballet on the radio. You pulled off the road to find a local diner, and you stopped into the Best Signage location, which serves Mexican food. You don't like Mexican food. But now you insist you be seated and served something other than Mexican food, because, even though that diner is serving Mexican food, you also now insist it needs to serve you what you want, which is not Mexican food. They direct you down the block to a diner that meets your preference, but you insist on staying in the Mexican diner and making a scene until you get served something not Mexican food.

"Was it of any use to any of the professionals here to know – either for their sake or for the sake of any of their clients – that TurboTax finally implemented changes to their software to reflect the intended provisions of the American Rescue Act, as they affected the APTC? Or is that completely irrelevant to this thread?"

It's irrelevant to this entire Forum. If you drive a Chevy, do you care that Honda finally put a brighter bulb in the dash for the turn-signal indicator?

Someone who cares about TurboTax would be at the TurboTax forum, watching for updates there and participating there. The clients of professional preparers here are not also using TurboTax; they are paying someone else to do their returns, and TurboTax is DIY. See the conflict? Professional preparers are not supposed to be using TurboTax by end user license terms. And if they are, being in the ProSeries Tax community doesn't get them any info on TurboTax.

You are mixing up Programs. Should a Mac User care about a virus impacting only Windows systems? Should a Windows user care about a Chromebook problem?

And that makes my point.

Does anyone eating at the Mexican diner care that there is Not Mexican food down the street at the Non-Mexican diner? I think they already know that. And that's where they would be, if that is the food they want.

Geez.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers