Level 3

I want to know if we should Amend this return or wait for IRS to send our client a letter about it. Long story short, due to some confusion, we accidentally e-filed a return without entering the income amount on a 1099-G (Unemployment compensation). After entering income amount on the 1099-G, the client's Federal tax Refund amount does not change. Therefore, I am wondering if we should Amend now or wait for contact from the IRS to the client.

FYI: The State was rejected so I was able to correct the 1099-G for that and retransmit the State with the correct information.

Thanks in Advance!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers