markhurst
Level 3

No - they have not fixed it yet for our setup, as of Friday afternoon.  I was told by tier one tech support that a major Homebase update was supposed to take place on 2/5/21.  There were updates on 2/5/21 but I cannot tell if the Homebase update was ever released.  I would very much like for Intuit to reach out to me about this.  I am tired of spending so much of my time troubleshooting their product while not being given any expeditious way to reach tier 2 or higher tech support.  Tier 1 is friendly enough, but as a 10+ year user of the product, I generally seem to have a much better grasp of the software's expected behavior than they do.  In any event, I do have a case number open with them and I guess I will have to call back tomorrow since the Homebase update on 2/5/21 did not correct the issue.  Intuit, if you are listening, here is what we are experiencing on the network version, and I would encourage anyone else to chime in with what they are seeing.

We have the network version installed the way Inuit recommends.  When user Workstation A changes the client status of a client (or creates a new client) the client status is updated across all other workstations in real time and if a new client is created it is seen by all other workstations (you may just have to toggle between the 1040 module, and another module to get the update information).  However, once a client has been e-filed (could be a corporate return, corporate extension, personal extension, or personal return) the e-file status of that client only updates correctly on the workstation that transmitted the return. The other workstations all show the incorrect EFstatus, including the admin workstation.   If another workstation opens the return, you can actually e-file it again from the other workstation (check the box, etc, and convert) and then when it goes to transmit it fails because it sees another return with same EIN has already been e-filed.  Yes we have tried hitting F5, using database maintenance, etc.  That doesn't work.  The only thing that will work is if you go to the e-file view, select the client that you know is showing the incorrect status, and then update the selected client's e-file status.  Then it will update and show the correct status on that machine.  It's very unusual behavior that is totally inconsistent with prior year versions of ProSeries.  Even more odd, if you open the client from another machine (one that shows the incorrect e-file status) and then e-file it from that machine, while that machine now shows the correct status upon the transmission getting the red thumbs down, the original machine that e-filed the client now shows the incorrect status (it goes back to the earliest client status before e-filing started).  It appears that saving the file (a required step of e-filing) on another machine messes with how the status is read by each machine.  At one time, I though the journal file (the .jn1) contained the e-file status information, so perhaps there is some issue in a network environment with the workstations reading this information consistently.  I would really like for ProSeries to acknowledge the issue, provide a short-term workaround, and then provide firm guidance on when this will be addressed.  Our firm does 1,500+ plus returns using 8-10 workstations and we cannot manage e-filing with this issue. The new Homebase view is so much more efficient than prior years, but I would have thought these bugs would have been worked out in 2019 by the folks who got the early release of this.  Thoughts from Intuit and the Chat Group?  Thanks!