TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

The instructions read 

"You were subject to federal, state or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID 19"

Does that mean when my county went into lockdown back in March/April for 3 weeks, those self employed people that didnt work during that time would qualify for this?

Yes.  Well, sort of.  Their must have been work available to be done (see below, including the link to Questions 23-27).

This is worded towards being an employee, but the same rules apply:

How do I know if I can receive paid sick leave for a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19?

For purposes of the FFCRA, a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order includes quarantine or isolation orders, as well as shelter-in-place or stay-at-home orders, issued by any Federal, State, or local government authority that cause you to be unable to work (or to telework) even though your employer has work that you could perform but for the order. You may not take paid sick leave for this qualifying reason if your employer does not have work for you as a result of a shelter-in-place or a stay-at-home order. In the instance where your employer does not have work for you as a result of a shelter-in-place or a stay-at-home order, please see Questions 23-27.

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions#60

View solution in original post