Intuit_Devin
Employee
Employee

Thanks for clarifying and including the screen shots. I think I got points #1 and #2, but my response wasn't clear enough.

You are correct that the 1099-B worksheet should be on the main screen in your screenshots. (I'm referring to that as the "checklist" as that's the name of its tab at the top.) And it was actually our intention that it should be there, which is why we'll need to investigate why that's not showing up in production. I apologize I'm not super familiar with that screen as it's a navigation screen unique to Proseries Basic and I work more in the form design and calculations that are shared across our products. But I do know the 1099-B worksheet should have been added, so we'll be looking into why that's not showing up and then adding the 1099-B worksheet - with an "add more" option - to the Capital Gains & Losses portion of the checklist.

Regarding item #3, the functionality you're looking for - the ability to type a complete form name and have us populate form(s) that match it - is found in the "Where Do I Enter?" tool. It's the green button with a question mark. The screenshot you have in #3 - the "Find Form" tool - is a tool to allow users to quickly pull up a specific form by typing a specific, short code for that form. The code for each form is the letters in blue.  So if you look two columns to the left of what you have highlighted, you'll see "Form 1099-B Wks" listed with a bunch of other forms related to Schedule D, and the "F" and "B" are in blue as the clue that those two characters are what you use to quickly pull up that form. The "Where Do I Enter?" tool is for searching for all possible locations you might want to enter certain information. The "Find Form" tool is for quickly bringing up a specific form when you know the shortcut code.

0 Cheers