itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo wrote:

Hi there,

The only feature from Link that is going away is the comments and messages at a "task level". Link will still be fully capable of everything else. 

-Betty Jo 

@IntuitBettyJo  Intuit doesn't seem to understand the significance of this functionality when it decided to turn that off without offering any alternative or guidance.

Accountants depends on that particular functionality to follow up for various types of outstanding information, including clarification, at an item/task level.  Without that, follow up messages will lose the context and a lot of information will need to be provided with each request to pinpoint the relevant item/task.

Going into Intuit Link now, it does not even appear there is a chat function at any level and the only way would be to create a new item for each follow up, unless I am mistaken (but you will have to forgive me as there is no new update from Intuit about any substitute as I said).

Having a clear update on what accountants should expect before the next season gets underway would be critical as folks will start to get busy and may need to adjust their workflow as well as client communication when they come back to their offices after the new year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar