qbteachmt
Level 15

"As you suggested I moved the QB data file to my desktop"

There is some confusion here; there is more than one file required, so that isn't what I recommended. I hadn't made any recommendations, yet. The .qbw has associated utility files that are live updated and kept in sync to the .qbw. You cannot move only the .qbw; well, since about QB 2006, anyway.

What you would do is Make a new backup from that QB open file, as you would after a typical work session. Then, use the QB Restore function, to "restore" a new copy as the Working file (it makes a new .qbw file) by pointing the program to put the Restored file into a local drive folder, such as Public/Documents/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files. Now the .qbw is not on a removable device; you Backup to removable or cloud locations. They are not meant for working from them.

Again, as a QB Consultant, I know how to manage QB data files; not ProSeries. I don't know how you tell the Tools Option to do this with a specific QB company data file. Once you have it locally, though, you should have more success with connectivity tasks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers