bporter
Level 3

About 25 years ago, someone called my office (I was then in public accounting, and a bit younger) and expressed their condolences that Bill Porter had deceased ... of course, the switchboard put them thru to me, as I was not then and am not now deceased !!! .... There was another Bill Porter, a long retired CPA in Atlanta who did decease. Go figure.

So, hello fellow Bill Porter and thank you for your reply.

Bottom line ... I am preparing a partnership return, Form 1065 - that partnership has about 20 investment partnership ownership positions driving partner K-1 inputs ... most of the sub-invest partnerships have capital gains and losses, each of them separating out in the respective input K-1s the differing amounts of LTCG(L) coming from the two categories of holding periods .... and when I get to the end, this Form 1065 will produce K-1s to this partnership's LP's .... 

Proseries does not separate out LTCG and LTCL as between the two holding periods, at the K-1 input poitn, so that data has to be added together somewhere so that it can aggregate for reporting on a prorata basis to the ultimate partners ... 

0 Cheers