DTNY07
Level 7

I have had this come up a few times this past week.  I have clients whose drivers license wasn't renewed on time due to Covid-19.  I wasn't able to e-file with the expired date.  That seems to be something new as I know the past few years I did have a few clients whose license wasn't renewed on time and I still was able to e-file.  Anyway, the client I am working on now, both spouses had their license expired.  So do I just mark that both don't have a driver's license or state ID.  The two that I had earlier this week, both were also married filing jointly, but the primary spouse was the one who had a current license, so I just marked the spouse didn't have a current one.  I am not sure how much longer it takes for returns to be processed without one.  But as I am in New York City and most of my client base is either NY or NJ I am sure I will have more that have this issue.  Is there a way to leave in the expired date and still e-file. or do I just mark it as they don't have one?  Or something else?   Thanks for any help

0 Cheers