AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

So I agree w/ @sjrcpa and hence why I am NOT providing tax advice I can only say how it's worded, and to clarify my earlier post....

The Innovative Wksht feeds to the DR 0617 and to clarify both indicate assigning the tax credit to the finance company.

DR 0617 reads "Are you claiming an assigned credit from the purchaser or lessee?" which feeds from the verbiage mentioned above on the worksheet.  Regardless that line marked NO for me allowed my data to flow over, which was the original inquiry.  

As far as clarifying purchase vs. finance, I can't interpret that for you either, but i would encourage you to reach to CO DOR for clarification.  Also the Income reference as indicated https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income69.pdf which has some verbiage that reads in part as:

* CLAIMING THE CREDIT
A taxpayer must file a Colorado income tax return, including all required forms and documentation, to claim the credit.
However, in lieu of claiming the credit, a purchaser or lessee who obtains financing for the purchase, lease, or
conversion of a qualifying motor vehicle or truck may elect to assign the credit to the financing entity that finances the
purchase, lease, or conversion. In the case of assignment, the financing entity must file a Colorado income tax return
with all required forms and documents to claim the credit.
A taxpayer, whether they are a purchaser, lessee, owner of a converted motor vehicle or truck, or a financing entity,
must claim the credit on their income tax return for the tax year that includes the date of purchase, lease, or
conversion. See the section entitled “Date of purchase, lease, or conversion”, above

Alot of instructions are subject to interpretation so just trying to help.  Based on what i can tell financing shouldn't make it or break it, its more assignment yes/no than anything.

0 Cheers