kenjoyce
Level 2

Schwab is not the only financial institution in which the Form 1099-B information doesn't import properly. None of the financial institutions that I have tried import properly. I use ProSeries. I prepare hundreds of tax returns each year, some of which have hundreds of stock transactions reported on Form 1099-B. Intuit recently partially fixed the problem. All of the Form 1099-B information now imports into the software except the date of acquisition and the date of sale. I therefore have to manually enter that information for every transaction. Intuit also has a feature whereby they will import a .pdf file of the Form 1099-B into the software, for a fee - $10.00, but that option is worthless. I tried it for a client and it checked the wrong boxes indicating which section of Form 8949 the transactions should appear and some of the transactions were reported as short-term when they should have been long-term and vice versa. There were hundreds of transactions and I had to go through each transaction to find the erroneously reported transactions and fix them. I took a bath on that tax return because I spent an enormous amount of time fixing the erroneous entries, which I couldn't bill the client for. I will never usethat feature again. I also can't bill a client for the time spent trying to get help from technical support, to no avail.

0 Cheers