onestop73
Level 3

Hello,

Any suggestions how to report wages off the paystub (missing W2) while using basic Proseries? Apparently, limitations on form on basic.

Thank you,

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Form 4852 shows as available in Basic, you cant Efile with a 4852 though.

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Download the form, prepare manually, scan and attach? (If basic allows attachments)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

My understanding is that you should still be able to e-file a return with F.4852 but the EIN must be included.  It is allowed in the Schema and that's how it works with other tax products.

If the taxpayer had a prior year W-2, he/she should be able to retrieve the EINs for federal and state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

4852.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Ic.  That's unfortunate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Taking a second look, I think what it means is that these forms don't get transmitted but the return can still be e-filed.  Probably should give it a try.

Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Have they tried contacting the employer and/or payroll company to get a copy? Has it perhaps been posted and available in the IRS transcript system (I know its early)?

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree.  If the W-2 is merely "missing",  it needs to be found or get a replacement copy.  If the employer refused to file one or the employee finds it impossible to get it, then 4852 should be used.

View solution in original post

onestop73
Level 3

Thank you all for the great feedback and suggestions.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @onestop73.  We're glad you found our suggestions helpful.  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers