hillsboro15269
Level 4

Confucius: Do you have evidence or proof that the software is NOT transmitting that information to the IRS? If it's entered into the correct place in the software, it SHOULD be sent to the IRS. I see no reason to believe it isn't, unless you've heard otherwise -- straight from IRS and/or Intuit. And if you've heard anything from IRS in the last few days, I'd be impressed. They aren't answering any phone calls from me!

rbynaker: In that same document you linked, just a few lines down: 

"The IRS urges anyone with a tax filing obligation who has not yet filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 to file as soon as they can to receive an economic impact payment. Taxpayers should include direct deposit banking information on the return."

The first several times I read that, I thought it said "anyone WITHOUT a tax filing obligation..." I have no idea how I misread it so many times, or maybe it did say that 2 days ago and they changed it (both are equally possible and plausible).

Either way, this seems to suggest and imply that even if you owe taxes or have a no balance / no refund return, you should include your direct deposit bank information on your return so you can get that stimulus payment. What else would, "Taxpayers should include direct deposit banking information on the return" mean?

(Not that the IRS is never guilty of mistakes or misleading information....)