@Maxine  From the IA DOR expanded instructions:

Nonresidents of Iowa should file IA return [if > $1,000] and report:

          Wages earned in Iowa

  • Income from Iowa property
    • rental income
    • capital gain on the sale of property
  • Self employment income earned while working in Iowa
  • Iowa unemployment benefits
  • Iowa gambling winnings
  • Income from pass-through entities, such as partnerships and S-corporations


As you can see, investment income from interest and dividends are not listed.