abctax55
Level 15

4th Quarter returns, and W-2's (for payroll) aren't due until 1/31/2020.  There's still time to make things right, but the deposits will be late and there will be penalties.  Perhaps that would *teach* them to 1) consult with you earlier 2) do things correctly.

I don't think QB can produce anything except F 1099-Misc

"Underpaying" salary in a C-Corp doesn't have the same downside as in an S-Corp..... but those dividends create the dreaded *double taxation* component that exists with C-Corps.

What do the corporate minutes say about salary, loans, dividends, etc  (sorry, I couldn't resist making myself laugh.... I'm sure there aren't any such minutes).

There are way too many issues with this scenario to address them all on a public forum.

The one thing I would NOT do is prepare the return showing the amounts taken without going thru payroll on the officer salary line.  My credentials are too valuable to me to do that.

Not to be rude, but I suggest you find someone locally to help/mentor you on this OR to take over the client.

EDIT.... I do want to commend you tho @SharonAnn for recognizing that there were issues, and that the prior preparer was doing things incorrectly.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"