rbynaker
Level 13
George,

Oh good, it's not just me.  Cheryl has a Surface and I'm always getting a little too close when pointing at things!

Lisa,

Late to the party but +1 to lots of advice here.  AV would have been my first go-to for troubleshooting.  Also, with 2018/17/16 software it needs to connect to the Internet for the authentication.  So try running 2015 ProSeries.  If that works then I'd suspect the problem is that PS cannot connect to the auth server (which sends us to network/firewall troubleshooting).  It does have a pretty good fall-back protocol, if you unplug the network (and/or disable the wifi) then PS recognizes that you're not connected to the Internet and then you may be able to authenticate "offline" with cached information.

I'm also a fan of Dell computers, most of which have been purchased directly from Dell (I like to customize and crank up the amount of memory as high as it will go for work computers).  The latest Dell (personal use) I did get from Costco and it has a touchscreen that I mostly forget about.

Rick
0 Cheers