Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@IRonMaN I find them in that condition.. My biggest benchmark is to make sure the car has no rust.. mechanically sound of course also but mechancial issues can be fixed and to find super clean late 80s Japanese markets is kind of special.  So no rust is my number one requirement. 

The S-Cargo I bought from a company that specialized in bringing these never sold in USA cars over to the states.. Most states here honor the 25 year rule that Bill Gates got into law. He was trying to bring a german car here, one that was never sold here and they installed a new law that if the car was 25 years or older it was exempt from EPA and safety standards.. These tiny japanese cars would never meet any modern safety or EPA standard but they are exempt in most states being 25 years old or older.

I have one more.. I know.. I collect these. some would say, eccentric cars, odd ball cars..which I find fascinating and really cool. Any way.. Japan still makes them today but following the 25 year rule. is my 1988 Honda Acty.. a Japanese mini truck.. right hand drive, 3 cylinder, 35 Horsepower maybe with fold down sides to turn into a flat bed.. I like the 1988 and early 1989 Actys because they have the classic , round eyed headlights; later models had more of a rectangle headlight but the round eyed Actsy are pretty rare, especially in good shape: 1989_honda_acty_157724479065ef66e7dff9f98767E41D111-1EE2-4749-BBE0-CCAF6CD55808-e1578341380954.jpeg