IRonMaN
Level 15

So Ironwoman gets an e-mail this morning from a client - here are "some" of our gambling winnings (W-2Gs) - but I don't know if you need them since we have losses to offset the winnings.

Just opened up a package with a client's tax stuff.  She has her 1099s, mortgage interest, etc and a post-it note with "donations?" written on it.  No amounts anywhere in her stuff so is she asking us if we make charitable donations?

Ironwoman had an e-mail from another client earlier in the week that runs a schedule C business asking how things are looking.  Um, you haven't given us anything yet, not even a post-it note with "donations" written on it, so things aren't really looking good for you at this point.

Received two e-mails in the last couple of days starting with "I know you are busy, but".  But what?  But we are never too busy too answer your stupid questions that could wait a few more days.

Had a phone call from a client on Thursday.  She doesn't know where we got the numbers that are on the return.  Um, the numbers came from your 1099s.  Take a good look at them and get a calculator out if need be.

Received an e-mail from a investment guru the other day.  Wanted me to send an electronic copy of the client's return to her "at my earliest convenience".  You mean the return that we gave him two weeks ago?  Do you own a scanner, try scanning the paper copy he has if you want electronic.  Plus, you decided to send me his 1099 electronically ------- something you obviously didn't know how to do because I wasted a half hour of my life between failed attempts at opening it plus multiple e-mails to you before you finally faxed it.  Hey, that's an idea, I'll fax you a copy of his return.

How come nobody has ever come up with a sitcom for a tax preparation office?  Now that I think of it, I guess they have never done one because only tax preparers would get the jokes.

Slava Ukraini!